Digital RGB LED Strip - LPD8806 x 48 5mAdafruit
- Order number:
- Manufacturer part number:
In stockGuaranteed shipping date: 20.05.19, if you order within .
Value added tax: €29.88
The LPD8806 chip has built in 1.2 MHz high speed 7-bit PWM for each channel - that means it can do 21-bit color per LED (way more than the eye can easily discern). Once you set the brightness level for the LEDs, your microcontroller can go off and do other things, no need to continuously update it, or clock it.
The strip is made of flexible PCB material, and comes with a weatherproof sheathing. You can cut this stuff pretty easily with wire cutters, there are cut-lines every 41mm (2 LEDs each). Solder to the 2.54mm copper pads and you're good to go.´
You must use a 5V DC power supply to power these strips, do not use higher than 6V or you will destroy the entire strip.
They come in 5 meter reels with a 4-pin JST SM connector on each end.
- 16mm wide, 4mm thick
- 48 LEDs per meter
- Removable IP65 weatherproof casing
- Maximum 5V @ 120mA draw per 6.35cm strip segment (all LEDs on full brightness)
- 5VDC power requirement (do not exceed 6VDC) - no polarity protection
- 2 common-anode RGB LEDs per segment, individually controllable
- LED wavelengths: 630nm/530nm/475nm
- Connector: 4-pin JST SM