These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of the shop.
"Allow all cookies" cookie
"Decline all cookies" cookie
These cookies are used to make the shopping experience even more appealing, for example for the recognition of the visitor.
Statistics & Tracking
Track device being used
Pololu 5V Step-Up/Step-Down Spannungsregler S7V7F5
Prices plus VAT plus shipping costs
100 Stück ready for shipment
- Manufacturer: Pololu
- Order number: EXP-R25-020
- Manufacturer part number: 2119
- country of origin: US
- HS code: 90328900
- Weight (kg): 0.001
The Pololu step-up/step-down voltage regulator S7V7F5 is a switching regulator (also... more
The Pololu step-up/step-down voltage regulator S7V7F5 is a switching regulator (also called a switched-mode power supply (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converter) that uses a buck-boost topology. It takes an input voltage from 2.7 V to 11.8 V and increases or decreases the voltage to a fixed 5 V output with a typical efficiency of over 90%.
This flexibility in input voltage is especially well-suited for battery-powered applications in which the battery voltage begins above 5 V and drops below as the battery discharges. Without the typical restriction on the battery voltage staying above the required voltage throughout its life, new battery packs and form factors can be considered. For instance, a 4-cell battery holder, which might have a 6 V output with fresh alkalines but a 4.8 V nominal voltage with NiMH cells and a 4.0 V output with partially discharged cells, can now be used for a 5 V circuit. In another typical scenario, a disposable 9V battery powering a 5 V circuit can be discharged to under 3 V instead of cutting out at 6 V, as with typical linear or step-down regulators.
In typical applications, this regulator can deliver about 1 A continuous when the input voltage is higher than 5 V (stepping down) and 500 mA continuous when the input is lower than 5 V (stepping up); please see the graphs at the bottom of this page for a more detailed characterization. The regulator has short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown prevents damage from overheating; the board does not have reverse-voltage protection.
For an adjustable-output version of this regulator, consider our step-up/step-down voltage regulator S7V8A.
- input voltage: 2.7 V to 11.8 V
- fixed 5V output with +5/-2% accuracy
- typical continuous output current: 1 A when stepping down; 500 mA when stepping up (Actual continuous output current depends on input voltage. See Typical Efficiency and Output Current section below for details.)
- power-saving feature maintains high efficiency at low currents (quiescent current is less than 0.1 mA)
- integrated over-temperature and short-circuit protection
- small size: 0.35″ × 0.475″ × 0.1″ (9 × 12 × 3 mm)
|Minimum operating voltage:||2.7 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||11.8 V|
|Maximum output current:||1 A2|
|Output voltage:||5 V|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||N|
|Maximum quiescent current:||0.1 mA3 |
- 1. Without included optional headers.
- 2. When stepping down; approximately 500 mA when stepping up (depends on input voltage).
- 3. With no load. Actual quiescent current depends on input voltage.