please note that our office and warehouse will be closed 16.12.2019 to 05.01.2020. The orders during this time will be shipped on 06.01.2020.
Enjoy all the sweet moments this wonderful holiday season and new year!
Your EXP-Tech team
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 14 Workdays
- Manufacturer: AB Electronics
- Order number: EXP-R72-009
- Manufacturer part number: ADCPI
- Availability: 0
- country of origin: UK
- HS code: 85423190
- Weight (kg): 0.005
The ADC Pi is an 8 channel 17 bit analogue to digital converter designed to work with the Raspberry Pi. The ADC Pi is based on two Microchip MCP3424 A/D converters each containing 4 analogue inputs. The MCP3424 is a delta-sigma A/D converter with low noise differential inputs.
The ADC Pi works as a single ended A/D converter using the internal 2.048V reference voltage with the -V pins tied to ground. A voltage divider on the ADC Pi board brings the input voltage range to a much more useful 0 – 5.06V. In this configuration the sample size is 17 bits for each channel.
The I2C address bits are selectable using the on-board jumpers. The MCP3424 supports up to 8 different I2C addresses so with two A/D converters on each ADC Pi you can stack up to 4 ADC Pi boards on a single Raspberry Pi giving you 32 ADC inputs.
- 8 x 17-bit 0 to 5V Single Ended Inputs
- Control via the Raspberry Pi I2C port
- Stack up to 4 ADC Pi boards on a single Raspberry Pi
- Jumper selectable I2C addresses
- Buffered 5V I2C port
- Based on the MCP3424 from Microchip Technologies Inc
- Single Ended full-scale range of 5.0V
- On-board 2.048V reference voltage (Accuracy ± 0.05%, Drift: 15 ppm/°C)
- On-Board Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA): Gains of 1, 2, 4 or 8
- Programmable Data Rate Options:
3.75 SPS (17 bits)
15 SPS (15 bits)
60 SPS (13 bits)
240 SPS (11 bits)
- One-Shot or Continuous Conversion Options
- Vdd (5V pin on I2C bus)5.0V
- ADC Input Voltage: 0V to +5.06V
- Maximum ADC Input voltage: VSS–0.4V to VDD+0.4 V
- Current at Input Pins: ±2 mA
- I2C SDA/SCL voltage: 5.0 V
- I2C port current: 100 mA