IO Pi ZeroAB Electronics
- AB Electronics
- Order number:
- Manufacturer part number:
In stockGuaranteed shipping date: 21.05.19, if you order within .
Value added tax: €1.85
The IO Pi Zero is a 16 channel digital expansion board designed for use on the Raspberry Pi Zero. The board is based around the MCP23017 16-bit I/O expander from Microchip Technology Inc. A MCP23017 expander is included on the board allowing you to connect up to 16 digital inputs or outputs to the Raspberry Pi. The IO Pi Zero Expander is powered through the host Raspberry Pi using the GPIO port and extended pins on the GPIO connector allow you to stack the IO Pi Zero along with other expansion boards.
The I2C address bits are selectable using the on-board jumpers. The MCP23017 supports up to 8 different I2C addresses so with one MCP23017 device on each IO Pi Zero you can stack up to 8 IO Pi Zero boards on a single Raspberry Pi giving a maximum of 128 I/O ports.
The IO Pi includes a 5V port that can be isolated from the Raspberry Pi via an isolation solder jumper so you can use a separate high current power supply to power the IO Pi reducing the load on the Raspberry Pi. Use of an external supply is recommended if you plan on connecting more than one IO Pi to your Raspberry Pi.
- 16 Digital Inputs/Outputs
- Control via the Raspberry Pi I2C port
- Stack up to 8 IO Pi boards on a single Raspberry Pi
- Solder pad selectable I2C addresses
- External 5V Input with isolation pad
- Based on the MCP23017 from Microchip Technologies Inc
- Configurable interrupt output pins - Configurable as active-high, active-low or open-drain
- INTA and INTB can be configured to operate independently or together
- Configurable interrupt source - Interrupt-on-change from configured register defaults or pin changes
- Polarity Inversion register to configure the polarity of the input port data
- Vdd (5V pin on I2C bus): 2.7V - 5.5V
- All digital inputs and outputs: 0 - Vdd
- Current at I/O Pin (sourced or sunk): 25 mA
- Maximum current on a single I/O Bank (1 MCP23017 device): 125 mA