Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Manufacturer: AB Electronics
- Order number: EXP-R72-014
- Manufacturer part number: SerialPiZero
- Availability: 7
- Herkunftsland: UK
- Zolltarifnummer: 85423190
- Gewicht (kg): 0.005
The Serial Pi Zero is a communication board supporting the RS232 serial protocol.
The RS232 port is connected to the UART port on the Raspberry Pi using a MAX3232 interface. The MAX3232 IC converts the 3.3V UART port to RS232 voltages allowing communication with RS232 compatible devices over a DB9 serial cable or with the use of a null-modem cable the board allows terminal access with linux on the Raspberry Pi using a terminal application. The RS232 port can be accessed through the DB9 port or the solder points on the PCB.
An array of 2.54mm pitch holes with 3.3V and 5V connections are also provided on the PCB allowing you to build additional circuits on the board.
Please note that you can only use one Serial Pi board on a Raspberry Pi. if stacking with other boards we recommend putting the Serial pi at the top of the stack due to the height of the DB9 connector.
Note: You need to use the Raspbian Jessie release or later and disable the built in Bluetooth to use the Serial Pi Zero on the Raspberry Pi 3 or Raspberry Pi Zero W, see KB page for the config changes needed.
- RS232 Master Port.
- Control the Raspberry Pi Zero over RS232 or connect to external serial accessories.
- Stackable with other Raspberry Pi accessory boards.
- Supply Voltage: 3.3V to 5.5V
- Logic Voltage at UART Port: 3.3V
- Maximum Data Rate: 250 kbits/s
- RS232 Input voltage range: -25V to +25V
- RS232 Output voltage range: -13.2V to +13.2V