please note that our office and warehouse will be closed 16.12.2019 to 05.01.2020. The orders during this time will be shipped on 06.01.2020.
Enjoy all the sweet moments this wonderful holiday season and new year!
Your EXP-Tech team
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 7 Workdays
- Manufacturer: AB Electronics
- Order number: EXP-R72-016
- Manufacturer part number: RS485PI
- Availability: 0
- country of origin: UK
- HS code: 85423190
- Weight (kg): 0.005
The RS485 Pi is a communication board supporting the RS-485 serial protocol.
The RS-485 port is connected to the UART port on the Raspberry Pi using a SN65HVD72 interface. The SN65HVD72 IC converts the 3.3V UART signals to RS-485 voltages allowing communication with RS-485 compatible devices over a DB9 serial cable or twisted pair cable. The RS-485 port can be accessed through the DB9 port or the solder points on the PCB.
The RS485 Pi contains protection against voltage spikes in the form of a TVS Diode and two 10-Ω, Pulse-Proof Thick-Film Resistors.
Please note that you can only use one RS485 Pi board on a Raspberry Pi. if stacking with other boards we recommend putting the RS485 Pi at the top of the stack due to the height of the DB9 connector.
Note: Before using the RS485 Pi you will need to solder both connectors onto the PCB. We suggest soldering the 40 pin GPIO connector first and then the DB9 connector.
- RS-485 Half Duplex Port.
- Up to 250 kbps transfer rate.
- Use the Raspberry Pi to control external RS-485 devices.
- Stackable with other Raspberry Pi accessory boards.
- Supply Voltage: 3.3V
- Logic Voltage at GPIO Port: 3.3V
- Differential Input Voltage at A & B: -12V to +12V
- High-level input voltage: 2V
- Low-level input voltage: 0.4V
- Signalling Data Rate: 250 kbps