RS485 PiAB Electronics
- AB Electronics
- Order number:
- Manufacturer part number:
In stockGuaranteed shipping date: 21.05.19, if you order within .
Value added tax: €2.39
The RS485 Pi is a communication board supporting the RS-485 serial protocol.
The RS-485 port is connected to the UART port on the Raspberry Pi using a SN65HVD72 interface. The SN65HVD72 IC converts the 3.3V UART signals to RS-485 voltages allowing communication with RS-485 compatible devices over a DB9 serial cable or twisted pair cable. The RS-485 port can be accessed through the DB9 port or the solder points on the PCB.
The RS485 Pi contains protection against voltage spikes in the form of a TVS Diode and two 10-Ω, Pulse-Proof Thick-Film Resistors.
Please note that you can only use one RS485 Pi board on a Raspberry Pi. if stacking with other boards we recommend putting the RS485 Pi at the top of the stack due to the height of the DB9 connector.
Note: Before using the RS485 Pi you will need to solder both connectors onto the PCB. We suggest soldering the 40 pin GPIO connector first and then the DB9 connector.
- RS-485 Half Duplex Port.
- Up to 250 kbps transfer rate.
- Use the Raspberry Pi to control external RS-485 devices.
- Stackable with other Raspberry Pi accessory boards.
- Supply Voltage: 3.3V
- Logic Voltage at GPIO Port: 3.3V
- Differential Input Voltage at A & B: -12V to +12V
- High-level input voltage: 2V
- Low-level input voltage: 0.4V
- Signalling Data Rate: 250 kbps