Dear customers,Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, we cannot guarantee our usual same-day shipping.
Your EXP-Tech team
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 14 days
- Manufacturer: Adafruit
- Order number: EXP-R15-1192
- Manufacturer part number: 2424
- Availability: 0
- country of origin: CN
- HS code: 85011091
- Weight (kg): 0.02
This stepper motor is a little different than the large NEMA-17 types you may be used to. These are often used in gauges for motorcycles and cars to replace the old-style fully-analog type. They have extremely fine step precision of about 1/2 a degree per step, 600 steps for single stepping, fast response for quick movements, and a range of ~315° degrees. Their smooth motion makes good for small projects that need a dial indicator, and more precision motion than you may get with a needle gauge.
Since this is a bi-polar stepper motor you do need to have some sort of H-Bridge to drive it. A L293D or TB6612 will do the job nicely. If you have a microcontroller that can drive 200 ohm loads you might be able to use the direct pins without extra MOSFETs, just remember to include kickback/flyback protection diodes!
Note that the motor is quite 'weak', not good for moving anything but a light indicator. We include a red-line dial that fits nicely on top by pushing onto the needle shaft.
- Datasheet - we don't have an exact datasheet but did find one for a compatible gauge, which may be helpful (although not guaranteed to be identical)!
- Axial Force Maximum: 150N
- Axial Pull Force Maximum: 100N
- Radial Force Maximum: 12N
- Rotation Angle Maximum: 315°
- Coil Resistance: 260 ohm
- General Tolerance: ± 0.1 / ± 5°
- Rotation Angle Maximum: ~315°
- 600 steps per 'rotation' (315 degree rotation)
- Red-Line Dial Diameter: 13mm / 0.5"
- Red-Line Dial Length: 42mm / 1.65"
- Dial Thickness: 1mm / 0.04"
- Motor Diameter: 32mm / 1.3"