please note that our office and warehouse will be closed 16.12.2019 to 05.01.2020. The orders during this time will be shipped on 06.01.2020.
Enjoy all the sweet moments this wonderful holiday season and new year!
Your EXP-Tech team
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
- Manufacturer: Adafruit
- Order number: EXP-R15-1192
- Manufacturer part number: 2424
- Availability: 0
- country of origin: CN
- HS code: 85011091
- Weight (kg): 0.02
This stepper motor is a little different than the large NEMA-17 types you may be used to. These are often used in gauges for motorcycles and cars to replace the old-style fully-analog type. They have extremely fine step precision of about 1/2 a degree per step, 600 steps for single stepping, fast response for quick movements, and a range of ~315° degrees. Their smooth motion makes good for small projects that need a dial indicator, and more precision motion than you may get with a needle gauge.
Since this is a bi-polar stepper motor you do need to have some sort of H-Bridge to drive it. A L293D or TB6612 will do the job nicely. If you have a microcontroller that can drive 200 ohm loads you might be able to use the direct pins without extra MOSFETs, just remember to include kickback/flyback protection diodes!
Note that the motor is quite 'weak', not good for moving anything but a light indicator. We include a red-line dial that fits nicely on top by pushing onto the needle shaft.
- Datasheet - we don't have an exact datasheet but did find one for a compatible gauge, which may be helpful (although not guaranteed to be identical)!
- Axial Force Maximum: 150N
- Axial Pull Force Maximum: 100N
- Radial Force Maximum: 12N
- Rotation Angle Maximum: 315°
- Coil Resistance: 260 ohm
- General Tolerance: ± 0.1 / ± 5°
- Rotation Angle Maximum: ~315°
- 600 steps per 'rotation' (315 degree rotation)
- Red-Line Dial Diameter: 13mm / 0.5"
- Red-Line Dial Length: 42mm / 1.65"
- Dial Thickness: 1mm / 0.04"
- Motor Diameter: 32mm / 1.3"