Dear customers,Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, we cannot guarantee our usual same-day shipping.
Your EXP-Tech team
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Manufacturer: Adafruit
- Order number: EXP-R15-1345
- Manufacturer part number: 3249
- Availability: 2
- country of origin: US
- HS code: 85423910
- Weight (kg): 0.004
The NeoPXL8 Arduino Library runs on the Feather Mo's and handels all the NeoPixeling for you, up to 8 strands of concurrent DMA output each one can be 250 pixels long for a total of 8 x 250 = 2000 pixels. That leaves you some RAM for your code to run in as well - the theoretical max is 340 pixels per strand but you'd be using all the RAM on the M0 chip.
To make connection easy, this Featherwing does the level-shifting and pin arrangements for you. All 8 strands have a level shifter that converts the 3.3V logic level to 5V logic, there's a little switch-cap converter that generates the clean 5V power supply for you. Then a 100 ohm resistor in line after the buffer reduces ringing on long wiring runs.
You get two options for connecting NeoPixels:
- 2 x 8 Header with ground and 5V-logic signal, in pairs
- 2 x RJ-45 'Ethernet' Jacks, with ground and 5V-logic signal per twisted pair. This matches the same wiring as the OctWS2811
- Dimensions (board only, no components): 50.7 x 23 x 2.6mm
- Product Weight: 3.6g