These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of the shop.
"Allow all cookies" cookie
"Decline all cookies" cookie
These cookies are used to make the shopping experience even more appealing, for example for the recognition of the visitor.
Statistics & Tracking
Track device being used
Pololu A-Star 32U4 Micro
Prices plus VAT plus shipping costs
12 Stück ready for shipment
- Manufacturer: Pololu
- Order number: EXP-R25-368
- Manufacturer part number: 3101
- country of origin: US
- HS code: 85423190
- Weight (kg): 0.004
The Pololu A-Star 32U4 Micro is a general-purpose programmable module based on Atmel’s... more
The Pololu A-Star 32U4 Micro is a general-purpose programmable module based on Atmel’s ATmega32U4 AVR microcontroller, which has 32 KB of flash program memory, 2.5 KB of RAM, and built-in USB functionality. Onboard features of the A-Star (abbreviated A*) include a 16 MHz resonator, a USB Micro-B connector, an in-system programming (ISP) header, and a pair of indicator LEDs. A voltage regulator and power selection circuit allow the board to be powered from either USB or an external 5.5 V to 15 V source, while a resettable PTC fuse on the USB VBUS supply and reverse protection on VIN help protect it from accidental damage.
The A-Star 32U4 Micro breaks out 15 general-purpose I/O lines along two rows of pins, including 7 usable as PWM outputs and 8 usable as analog inputs. It fits all this into a 20-pin dual in-line package (DIP) measuring only 1″ × 0.6″ (even smaller than competing ATmega32U4 boards like the Teensy 2.0 and Pro Micro), and its 0.1″ pin spacing makes the A* easy to use with solderless breadboards, perfboards, and 0.1″-pitch connectors.
Our comprehensive user’s guide provides the basics you need to get started with the A-Star as well as detailed technical information for advanced users.
The A-Star 32U4 ships with a preloaded Arduino-compatible bootloader (which uses 4 KB of flash memory, leaving 28 KB available for the user program). We provide a software add-on that enables the board to be easily programmed from the Arduino environment.
The A-Star 32U4 uses the same microcontroller as the Arduino Leonardo and Arduino Micro and runs at the same frequency, making it just as powerful. Although the larger boards offer a few more I/O pins, the A-Star 32U4 Micro fits in an area half that of the Arduino Micro, and it takes up only 11% as much area as a standard full-size Arduino!
- Dimensions: 1" × 0.6" (1.05" × 0.6" including USB Micro-B connector)
- Programmable 16 MHz Atmel ATmega32U4 AVR microcontroller
- 32 KB flash (4 KB used by bootloader, leaving 28 KB available for user program by default)
- 2.5 KB SRAM
- 1 KB EEPROM
- Native full-speed USB (12 Mbps)
- Preloaded with Arduino-compatible bootloader (no external programmer required)
- Many I/O lines in a small package
- 15 general-purpose I/O pins available along the sides of the board
- 3 additional I/O pins available on ISP header
- 7 pins can be configured as hardware PWM outputs
- 8 pins can be configured as analog inputs
- 2 user-controllable LEDs
- Can be powered from USB or external 5.5 V to 15 V source on VIN
- PTC fuse on VBUS supply
- Reverse-voltage protection on VIN supply
- 6-pin ISP header for use with an external programmer
- Comprehensive user’s guide