Dear customers,EXP Tech will be closed from 14.12.2020 to 04.01.2021 for the Christmas Holidays. Last shipping day in 2020 is 11.12.2020. Please plan ahead.
Merry Chrsitmas and happy new year!
Your EXP-Tech team
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Manufacturer: Pololu
- Order number: EXP-R25-040
- Manufacturer part number: 1185
- Availability: 11
- country of origin: US
- HS code: 85322200
- Weight (kg): 0.002
This current sensor is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegro’s... more
This current sensor is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegro’s ACS714LLCTR-05B-T Hall effect-based linear current sensor; we therefore recommend careful reading of the ACS714 datasheet (678k pdf) before using this product. The sensor operates at 5 V and has an output sensitivity of 185 mV/A. The board ships fully populated with its SMD components, including the ACS714, as shown in the product picture. The following list details some of the sensor’s key features:
- Designed for bidirectional input current from -5 to 5 A (though the robust sensor IC can survive up to five times the overcurrent condition).
- Conductive path internal resistance is typically 1.2 mΩ, and the PCB is made with 2-oz copper, so very little power is lost in the board.
- Use of a Hall effect sensor means the IC is able to electrically isolate the current path from the sensor’s electronics (up to 2.1 kV RMS), which allows the sensor to be inserted anywhere along the current path and to be used in applications that require electrical isolation.
- 80 kHz bandwith that can optionally be decreased by adding a capacitor across the board pins marked “filter”.
- High accuracy and reliability: typical total output error of ±1.5% at room temperature with factory calibration, an extremely stable output offset voltage, and almost zero magnetic hysteresis.
- Automotive-grade operating temperature range of -40°C to 150°C.
The pads are labeled on the bottom silkscreen, as shown in the picture to the right. The silkscreen also shows the direction that is interpreted as positive current flow via the +i arrow.
Like almost all our carrier boards, this sensor ships assembled with all of its required surface mount components, as shown in the main product picture.
This version is marked with a blue X. We also sell a 30A unidirectional version and a ±30A bidirectional version of this board; you can distinguish these versions by reading the text on the IC or by looking at the color of the X on the bottom silkscreen.
|Size:||0.7" x 0.8"|
|Current sense:||0.185 V/A1|
|Minimum logic voltage:||4.5 V|
|Maximum logic voltage:||5.5 V|
|Supply current:||13 mA|
1. When Vcc is 5 V.