Sharp GP2Y0D805Z0F Digital Distance Sensor 5cm
Prices plus VAT plus shipping costs
7 Stück ready for shipment
- Manufacturer: Pololu
- Order number: EXP-R25-357
- Manufacturer part number: 1131
- country of origin: CN
- HS code: 90318020
- Weight (kg): 0.002
The GP2Y0D805 and GP2Y0D810 are Sharp’s smallest and fastest distance sensors. With a... more
The GP2Y0D805 and GP2Y0D810 are Sharp’s smallest and fastest distance sensors. With a sample rate of almost 400 Hz and a sensing distance to 5 cm or 10 cm, respectively, these sensors provides attractive alternatives to shorter-range LED-phototransistor reflectance pairs and longer-range but slower sensors such as the Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F analog distance sensor. The output, Vo, is driven low when the sensor detects an object; otherwise, the output is high.
The GP2Y0D805Z0F detects objects between 0.5 cm and 5 cm away from the sensor face, and the GP2Y0D810Z0F detects objects between 2 cm and 10.25 cm away. There are a few millimeters of hysteresis around the maximum range threshold and no hysteresis at the minimum range threshold. Note that these sensors will only tell you if there is an object within the detection range along their lines of sight; they will not tell you how far away the object is.
Please note that this sensor requires external components and has a non-standard 1.5 mm pitch, which can make it difficult to integrate into projects based on a 0.1" pitch. We offer a carrier board for this sensor that includes these required components and provides a 0.1"-pitch, three-pin interface: ground, power, and digital output. The carrier board can be purchased with the GP2Y0D805Z0F sensor soldered in, with the GP2Y0D810Z0F sensor soldered in, or without any sensor.
Some example applications include:
- break-beam sensor or photogate alternative
- non-contact bumper or obstacle detector
- a counter or timer of objects as they pass by
- operating voltage: 2.7 V to 6.2 V
- average current consumption: 5 mA (typical)
- distance measuring range for GP2Y0D805Z0F: 0.5 cm to 5 cm (0.2" to 2")
- distance measuring range for GP2Y0D810Z0F: 2 cm to 10 cm (0.8" to 4")
- output type: digital signal (low when detecting an object, high otherwise)
- steady state update period: 2.56 ms typical (3.77 ms max)
- package size: 13.6 x 7 x 7.96 mm (0.53" x 0.27" x 0.31")
- weight: 0.7 g (0.02 oz)
Alternative Sharp Distance Sensors
We carry three analog sharp distance sensors as well: Sharp GP2Y0A41SK0F 4 – 30 cm, the Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F 10 – 80 cm, and the Sharp GP2Y0A02YK0F 20 – 150 cm. These analog distance sensors have longer minimum detection distances and much lower response times than the GP2Y0D805 and GP2Y0D810, but they can see farther and report the distance to the detected object rather than simply if an object is detected.
Note: This sensor requires external components, which are not included. Please see the datasheet or our GP2Y0D810Z0F carrier board or for details.
- Maximum range: 5 cm
- Minimum range: 0.5 cm
- Sampling rate: 390 Hz