Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Manufacturer: Sparkfun
- Order number: EXP-R05-1177
- Manufacturer part number: SEN-14607
- Availability: 3
- country of origin: US
- HS code: 85423190
- Weight (kg): 0.005
Get ready to be able to see like the Predator! The SparkFun Grid-EYE Infrared Array Breakout board is an 8x8 thermopile array, meaning you have a square array of 64 pixels capable of independent temperature detection. It’s like having a thermal camera, just in a lower resolution. To make it even easier to to get your low-resolution infrared image, all communication is enacted exclusively via I2C, utilizing our handy Qwiic system. However, we still have broken out 0.1"-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
The on-board AMG8833 Grid-EYE possesses an accuracy rate of ±2.5°C (±4.5°F) with a temperature range of 0°C to 80°C (32°F to 176°F). Additionally, this IR “camera” board can detect human body heat at about 7 meters or less, and has a frame rate of 10 frames a second to one frame a second.
Note: It is important to point out that while this version of the Grid-EYE is the high performance type with a high gain, it is only 3.3V tolerant. Don’t try to operate it at 5V.
- Operating Voltage(Startup): 1.6V - 3.6V
- Operating Voltage(Timekeeping): 1.5V - 3.6V
- Current Consumption: 4.5 mA
- 8x8 Thermopile Array
- Temperature Range: 0°C to 80°C
- Accuracy Rate: ±2.5°C
- Human Detection Distance: 7m or less
- I2C Address: 0x69 (open jumper, default) or 0x68 (closed jumper)
- 2x Qwiic Connection Ports