Prices plus VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
Order within the next 1 days 12 hours and 3 minutes so the order will be shipped tomorrow .
- Manufacturer: Catnip Electronics
- Order number: EXP-R79-001
- Manufacturer part number: R79001
- Availability: 4
- Weight (kg): 0.01
This is a "sensor mode only" version of plant watering alarm Chirp. The sensor can be read via... more
This is a "sensor mode only" version of plant watering alarm Chirp.
The sensor can be read via I2C protocol and provides these features:
- Soil moisture sensing
- Light sensing
- Temperature sensing
- Reset chip
- I2C address change
- Deep sleep
- Version 2.7.5
- Supply voltage 3.3V - 5V
- Current consumption: 1.1mA @ 5V, 0.7mA @ 3.3V when idle, 14mA @ 5V, 7.8mA @ 3.3V when taking a measurement. When constantly polling sensor at full speed, current consumption averages to 4.5mA @ 5V, 2.8mA @ 3.3V
- Operating temperature 0°C - 85°C
- Moisture reading drift with temperature - <10% over full temp range
- Don't forget to provide pullups for SCL and SDA lines
- Default I2C address is 0x20 (hex)
- To read soil moisture, read 2 bytes from register 0
- To read light level, start measurement by writing 3 to the device I2C address, wait for 3 seconds, read 2 bytes from register 4
- To read temperature, read 2 bytes from register 5
- To change the I2C address of the sensor, write a new address (one byte [1..127]) to register 1; the new address will take effect after reset
- To reset the sensor, write 6 to the device I2C address.
- Do not hotplug the sensor into the active I2C bus - address change command has no protection and this might result in a random number set as an address of the sensor. Use I2C scan sketch to find out the address if the sensor stops responding with proper values.