please note that our office and warehouse will be closed 16.12.2019 to 05.01.2020. The orders during this time will be shipped on 06.01.2020.
Enjoy all the sweet moments this wonderful holiday season and new year!
Your EXP-Tech team
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
- Manufacturer: Adafruit
- Order number: EXP-R15-215
- Manufacturer part number: 463
- Availability: 0
- country of origin: CN
- HS code: 90318080
- Weight (kg): 0.082
- Sensor Length: 10.1" (257 mm)
- Width: 1.0" (25.4mm)
- Thickness: 0.015" (0.208 mm)
- Resistance Gradient: 140Ω / inch (56Ω / cm), ± 10%
- Active Sensor Length: 8.4" (213 mm)
- Substrate: Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Sensor Output: 1500Ω empty, 300Ω full, ± 10%
- Actuation Depth: Nominal 1 inch (25.4 mm)
- Resolution: 0.01 inch (0.25 mm)
- Temperature Range: 15°F - 140°F (-9°C - 60°C)
We don't have a detailed tutorial for this sensor but it acts very much like a thermistor so we suggest checking out that tutorial for background, and then following these instructions:
Connect pin #2 of the sensor to ground, then pin #3 to a 560 ohm resistor. The other side of the 470 ohm resistor to VCC (3.3V or 5V for example) to create a resistor divider. The ADC pin connects to the point between the resistor and sensor.