Mojo SDRAM ShieldEmbedded Micro
The SDRAM Shield features a full 32MBs (256Mbits) of memory that you can use to expand the Mojo's capabilities.
SDRAM is a great way to get a lot of extra storage for a relatively low cost. However, SDRAM chips can be tricky to control. Make sure you check out our example project for a basic SDRAM controller. It is designed to work at 100MHz.
The example project is the project we use to test each of the SDRAM Shields. It simply writes a pseudo random number to each address in the chip and then reads them all back. It displays the number of errors on the first seven LEDs. The eighth LED is used to show when the FPGA is writing (LED is off) or reading (LED is on).
- 256Mbit SDRAM Chip MT48LC32M8A2P-7E:G
- 8bit data bus, 1K columns, 8K rows, 4 banks
- Gold plated pass-through headers for easier connection and disconnection
- P1, P2, P5, P7, P8, P9, P10, P101, P102, P104, P105, P111, P112, P114, P115, P116, P117, P118, P119, P120, P121 ,P137, P138, P139, P140 ,P141, P142, P143, P144
- Fully compatible with the Servo Shield