Konashi - Computing Toolkit With BLE For iOSSeeed Studio
- Seeed Studio
Konashi is a microcontroller board with a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) module. It is a physical computing toolkit for artists, designers and engineers who are imagining a next-generation human interface for iOS devices and tablets.
It has 8 digital input/output pins (2 of which can be used for I2C communication. All 8 pins can be used as PWM outputs.), 3analog input/output pins, and 1 UART. It contains everything needed for physical computing; simply connect it to smartphones and tablets with BLE wireless connection to get started.
Konashi is a traditional Japanese sweet which makers learn to make.
We chose the name for all electronics hobbyists who want to take their first step into physical computing.
- Objective-C supported
- SDK (Konashi-ios-sdk) is provided as an open source library.
- SDK (konashi-js-sdk, konashi-bridge.js) are provided as open source libraries.
- For easier use, konashi.js is available in APP Store (see http://konashi/ux-xu.com/kjs/).
Supports Apple iOS devices (see below Supported devices)
Bluetooth Low Energy
- Built-in wireless module with Bluetooth Low Energy technology
- Connect konashi with your smartphone or tablet wirelessly
Reconfigurable I/O pins
- I/O pins and its functions is reconfigurable by application
|iPhone||iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S||iOS6.0 ( iOS7.0.4 recommended )|
iPad mini (1st generation / November 2012 model)
iPad mini (2nd generation / November 2013 model)
iPad (4th Generation / November 2012 Model),
iPad (3rd Generation / March 2012 Model)
|iOS6.0 ( iOS7.0.4 recommended )|
|iPod touch||iPod touch (5th Generation)||iOS6.0 ( iOS7.0.4 recommended )|
Absolute maximum rating:
|External main supply voltage (*1)||3.2||-||12.0||V|
|Internal main supply voltage (*2)||1.8||-||3.6||V|
A battery terminal and USB-microB connector are called External main supply. It has a backflow prevention function and swithes a main supply into higher voltage source automatically.
Supply voltage from lithium-ion coin cell battery.
Analog input voltage:
- 1 x konashi
- 1 x Lithium-ion coin cell battery: CR2032 model