The STDC LTE, is a new awesome addition to our Solder:Time family of watches and clocks. The new LTE version has all of the electronics features of the original STDC, but now it is more hackable and at a lower price!
This LTE version features a new minimalist housing which both lets everyone see what sort of super geeked out DIY electronics clock you are sporting while also making the clock super easy to hack by having all of the electronics exposed.
Itching to hack in some custom code or hardware? Bring it on! Designed with hack-a-bility in mind, the STDC is based on the same ATmega microprocessor used in the Arduino products. There are extra digital and analog pins broken-out, an open serial port as well as I2C all easily accessible within the case, as well as an integrated prototyping area on-board. Download the sketch from our web page, modify it, add extra hardware if that's your thing, and WOW your friends (or the Internet) with your amazing add-ons.
- Easy through hole soldering kit
- Comes pre-programed
- Back-up battery for Clock
- Time, Month, Day and Date
- Alarm with buzzer
- Re-program with the Arduino IDE
- Free Digital I/O Pins 4 (of which 2 are used for Serial)
- Free Analog Input Pins 2
- I2C Port
- All pins broken in a convenient header
- Built in proto-area
- Two Sets of PCB mounting holes
- Dimensions 7 7/16 x 3 1/16 x 1 15/16" (190 x 80 x 55 mm)
- Built weight 7.3oz (207g)
- Input Voltage 9 to 12V
- Current 25 ma
Tools & Supplies required:
- Soldering Iron
- Flush Cutters
- Phillips screwdriver
- Masking tape