Add a really small printer to any microcontroller project with this very cute thermal printer. Thermal printers are also known as receipt printers, they're what you get when you go to the ATM or grocery store. Now you can embed a little printer of your own into an enclosure. This printer is ideal for interfacing with a microcontroller or computer, as you just plug it in via USB or TTL Serial to print text, barcodes, bitmap graphics, even a QR code!
This package comes with a Mini Thermal Receipt Printer, a USB cable, a JST cable, and a 4-pin TTL cable. One 33' roll of thermal paper is also included! The printer uses very common 2.25" wide thermal paper, and it can fit up to 33 ft of paper in the bay at once with a diameter of ≤ 30mm. The 34' long, 2.25" wide Thermal Paper Roll in our store works perfectly!
You will also need a 5 to 9V regulated power supply, that can provide 1.5A or more during the high-current print - our 5V 2.5A switching power supply will work very nicely. You'll need to give that external power if you are using USB for power, you cannot power it over the USB cable.
- Printing with small, medium and large text
- Bold and underline text
- Inverted text
- Variable line spacing
- Left, center and right justification
- Barcodes in the following standard formats: UPC A, UPC E, EAN13, EAN8, CODE39, I25, CODEBAR, CODE93, CODE128, CODE11 and MSI - with adjustable barcode height
- Custom monochrome bitmap graphics!
- How to include a QR code
- Requires ~2.25" wide paper roll
- Paper roll diameter: ≤ 30mm
- Paper roll length: 33'
- Power Voltage: 5~9V
- Connectors: 9600 baud TTL or USB
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or MacOS X 10.9 to 10.11 PL2303 USB drivers
- Printing Speed: 25-70mm/s
- Resolution: 8 dots/mm. 384 dots/line
- Barcode support: EAN13, EAN8, Code39, Code93, Code128, ITF, Codebar, UPC-A, UPC-E, QRCode, PDF417
- Color: Black
- Printer Dimensions: 58mm x 82mm x 44.3mm