Pololu A4990 Dual Motor Driver CarrierPololu
Allegro’s A4990 is a dual H-bridge motor driver IC that can be used for bidirectional control of two brushed DC motors at 6 to 32 V. It can supply up to 0.7 A continuously to each motor channel, and the current control feature of the A4990 limits the peak motor current to about 0.9 A per channel with the onboard sense resistors, making this a good choice for small, low-current motors that run on relatively high voltages. Since this board is a carrier for the A4990, we recommend careful reading of the A4990 datasheet (301k pdf). The board ships populated with all of its SMD components, including the A4990 and an additional FET for reverse battery protection.
For a single-channel driver with a DIR/PWM interface and a similar operating voltage range, please consider our DRV8801 carrier. For lower-voltage alternatives to the A4990, consider our DRV8833 and DRV8835 dual motor driver carriers.
- Dual-H-bridge motor driver: can drive two DC motors or one bipolar stepper motor
- Operating voltage: 6–32 V
- Output current: 0.7 A continuous per motor
- Current control limits peak current to 0.9 A per motor
- Inputs are 3V- and 5V-compatible
- Reverse-voltage protection circuit
- Can survive input voltages up to 40 V
- Under-voltage and over-voltage protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Short-to-supply, short-to-ground, and shorted-load protection