Stepper Motor: Bipolar, 200 Steps/Rev, 57x56mm, 2.5V, 2.8 A/PhasePololu
This high-torque hybrid bipolar stepping motor has a 1.8° step angle (200 steps/revolution). Each phase draws 2.8 A at 2.5 V, allowing for a holding torque of 13 kg-cm (180 oz-in). The motor has four color-coded wires terminated with bare leads: black and green connect to one coil; red and blue connect to the other. It can be controlled by a pair of suitable H-bridges (one for each coil), but we recommend using a bipolar stepper motor driver.
Our 6.35mm universal mounting hub can be used to mount objects on the stepper motor’s 6.35mm-diameter output shaft.
- Size: 56.4 mm square × 56 mm, not including the shaft (NEMA 23)
- Weight: 0.7 kg (25 oz)
- Shaft diameter: 1/4″ (6.35 mm) “D”
- Steps per revolution: 200
- Current rating: 2.8 A per coil
- Voltage rating: 2.5 V
- Resistance: 0.9 Ohm per coil
- Holding torque: 13 kg-cm (180 oz-in)
- Inductance: 2.5 mH per coil
- Lead length: 30cm
The following diagram shows the stepper motor dimensions in mm. The output D-shaft has a 0.25″ (6.35 mm) diameter with a section that is flattened by 0.5 mm (note: the diagram below incorrectly lists this flattened width as 6 mm when it is really 5.85 mm). This shaft works with our 1/4″ universal mounting hub.
Stepper Motor Applications:
- CNC machines
- 3D printer/prototyping machines
- Laser cutters
- Pick and place machines
- Linear actuators
- Hard drives