Adafruit Trinket M0 - for use with CircuitPython & Arduino IDEAdafruit
The Adafruit Trinket M0 is a tiny microcontroller board, built around the Atmel ATSAMD21, a little chip with a lot of power. The Trinket M0 has swapped out the lightweight ATtiny85 for a ATSAMD21E18 powerhouse. It's just as small, and it's easier to use, so you can do more.
The most exciting part of the Trinket M0 is that while you can use it with the Arduino IDE, we are shipping it with CircuitPython on board. When you plug it in, it will show up as a very small disk drive with main.py on it. Edit main.py with your favorite text editor to build your project using Python, the most popular programming language. No installs, IDE or compiler needed, so you can use it on any computer, even ChromeBooks or computers you can't install software on. When you're done, unplug the Trinket M0 and your code will go with you.
Here are some of the updates you can look forward to when using Trinket M0:
- Same size, form-factor, and pinout as classic Trinket
- Updating ATtiny85 8-bit AVR for ATSAMD21E18 32-bit Cortex M0+
- 256KB Flash - 32x as much as 8 KB on ATtiny85
- 32 KB RAM - 64x as much as 512 bytes on ATtiny85
- 48 MHz 32 bit processor - 6x as fast as ATtiny85 (not even taking into account 32-bit speedups)
- Native USB supported by every OS - can be used in Arduino or CircuitPython as USB serial console, Keyboard/Mouse HID, even a little disk drive for storing Python scripts. (ATtiny85 does not have native USB)
- Can be used with Arduino IDE or CircuitPython
- 27mm x 15.3mm x 2.75mm
- Height with MicroUSB: 3.5mm
- Weight: 1.4g