Sharp GP2Y0A51SK0F Analog Distance Sensor 2-15cmSharp
The GP2Y0A51SK0F is the shortest-range Sharp analog distance sensor we carry, featuring a detection range of 0.8" to 6" (2 cm to 15 cm). The shorter range gives you higher resolution measurements, and the low minimum detection distance makes this sensor great for detecting very close objects. The distance is indicated by an analog voltage, making this sensor very easy to use.
The Sharp distance sensors are a popular choice for many projects that require accurate distance measurements. This IR sensor is more economical than sonar rangefinders, yet it provides much better performance than other IR alternatives. Interfacing to most microcontrollers is straightforward: the single analog output can be connected to an analog-to-digital converter for taking distance measurements, or the output can be connected to a comparator for threshold detection, making this an adjustable-threshold alternative to digital Sharp sensors. The detection range of this version is approximately 2 cm to 15 cm (0.8" to 6").
The GP2Y0A51 uses a 3-pin JST ZH connector that has a 1.5 mm pitch. It works with our 3-pin JST ZH-style cable (not included).
- Operating voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Average current consumption: 12 mA (note: this sensor draws current in large, short bursts, and the manufacturer recommends putting a 10 µF capacitor or larger across power and ground close to the sensor to stabilize the power supply line)
- Distance measuring range: 2 cm to 15 cm (0.8" to 6")
- Output type: analog voltage
- Output voltage differential over distance range: 1.65 V (typical)
- Update period: 16.5 ± 4 ms
- Size: 27 mm × 13.2 mm × 14.2 mm
- Weight: 2.7 g