Mini Maestro 18-Channel USB Servo Controller (Assembled)
35,95 € *
zzgl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
5 Stück sofort versandfertig
- Hersteller: Pololu
- Artikel-Nr.: EXP-R25-066
- Herstellernummer: 1354
- Herkunftsland: US
- Zolltarifnummer: 85423190
- Gewicht (kg): 0.012
The Mini Maestros are the newest of Pololu?s second-generation USB servo controllers,... mehr
The Mini Maestros are the newest of Pololu?s second-generation USB servo controllers, offering more channels and features than the smaller six-channel Micro Maestro. The Mini Maestros are available in three sizes, and they can be purchased fully assembled or as partial kits:
- Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller (Assembled)
- Micro Maestro 12-Channel USB Servo Controller (Assembled)
- Micro Maestro 18-Channel USB Servo Controller (Assembled)
- Micro Maestro 24-Channel USB Servo Controller (Assembled)
The Mini Maestros are highly versatile (and compact) servo controllers and general-purpose I/O boards. They support three control methods: USB for direct connection to a computer, TTL serial for use with embedded systems, and internal scripting for self-contained, host controller-free applications. The channels can be configured as servo outputs for use with radio control (RC) servos or electronic speed controls (ESCs), as digital outputs, or as analog/digital inputs. The extremely precise, high-resolution servo pulses have a jitter of less than 200 ns, making these servo controllers well suited for high-performance applications such as robotics and animatronics, and built-in speed and acceleration control for each channel make it easy to achieve smooth, seamless movements without requiring the control source to constantly compute and stream intermediate position updates to the Mini Maestros. The Mini Maestros also feature configurable pulse rates from 1 to 333 Hz and can generate a wide range of pulses, allowing maximum responsiveness and range from modern servos. Units can be daisy-chained with additional Pololu servo and motor controllers on a single serial line.
A free configuration and control program is available for Windows and Linux, making it simple to configure and test the device over USB, create sequences of servo movements for animatronics or walking robots, and write, step through, and run scripts stored in the servo controller. The Mini Maestros? 8 KB of internal script memory allows storage of up to approximately 3000 servo positions that can be automatically played back without any computer or external microcontroller connected.
Because the Mini Maestros? channels can also be used as general-purpose digital outputs and analog or digital inputs, they provide an easy way to read sensors and control peripherals directly from a PC over USB, and these channels can be used with the scripting system to enable creation of self-contained animatronic displays that respond to external stimuli and trigger additional events beyond just moving servos.
The fully assembled versions of the Mini Maestro ship with 0.1" male header pins installed as shown in the respective product pictures. The partial kit versions ship with these header pins included but unsoldered, which allows the use of different gender connectors or wires to be soldered directly to the pads for lighter, more compact installations. A USB A to mini-B cable (not included) is required to connect this device to a computer.
- Three control methods: USB, TTL (5V) serial, and internal scripting
- 0.25?s output pulse width resolution (corresponds to approximately 0.025° for a typical servo, which is beyond what the servo could resolve)
- Pulse rate configurable from 33 to 100 Hz (2)
- Wide pulse range of 64 to 3280 ?s (2)
- Individual speed and acceleration control for each channel
- Channels can be optionally configured to go to a specified position or turn off on startup or error
- Channels can also be used as general-purpose digital outputs or analog inputs
- A simple scripting language lets you program the controller to perform complex actions even after its USB and serial connections are removed
- Comprehensive user?s guide
- Free configuration and control application for Windows makes it easy to:
- Configure and test your controller
- Create, run, and save sequences of servo movements for animatronics and walking robots
- Write, step through, and run scripts stored in the servo controller
- Two ways to write software to control the Maestro from a PC:
- Virtual COM port makes it easy to send serial commands from any development environment that supports serial communication
- Pololu USB Software Development Kit allows use of more advanced native USB commands and includes example code in C#, Visual Basic .NET, and Visual C++
- TTL serial features:
- Supports 300 ? 200000 bps in fixed-baud mode, 300 ? 115200 bps in autodetect-baud mode (2)
- Simultaneously supports the Pololu protocol, which gives access to advanced functionality, and the simpler Scott Edwards MiniSSC II protocol (there is no need to configure the device for a particular protocol mode)
- Can be daisy-chained with other Pololu servo and motor controllers using a single serial transmit line
- Can function as a general-purpose USB-to-TTL serial adapter for projects controlled from a PC
- Board can be powered off of USB or a 5 ? 16 V battery, and it makes the regulated 5V available to the user
- Compact size of 0.85" × 1.20" (2.16 × 3.05 cm) and light weight of 0.17 oz (4.8 g) with headers
- Upgradable firmware
Maestro Comparison Table:
|Micro Maestro||Mini Maestro 12||Mini Maestro 18||Mini Maestro 24|
|Analog input channels:||6||12||12||12|
|Digital input channels:||0||0||6||12|
|Width:||0.85" (2.16 cm)||1.10" (2.79 cm)||1.10" (2.79 cm)||1.10" (2.79 cm)|
|Length:||1.20" (3.05 cm)||1.42" (3.61 cm)||1.80" (4.57 cm)||2.30" (5.84 cm)|
|Weight(1):||3.0 g||4.2 g||4.9 g||6.0 g|
|Configurable pulse rate(2):||33?100 Hz||1?333 Hz||1?333 Hz||1?333 Hz|
|Pulse range(2):||64?3280 ?s||64?4080 ?s||64?4080 ?s||64?4080 ?s|
|Script size(3):||1 KB||8 KB||8 KB||8 KB|
- 1 This is the weight of the board without header pins or terminal blocks.
- 2 The available pulse rate and range depend on each other and factors such as baud rate and number of channels used. See the Maestro User?s Guide for details.
- 3 The user script system is more powerful on the Mini Maestro than on the Micro Maestro. See See the Maestro User?s Guide for details.
- Serial servo controller for multi-servo projects (e.g. robot arms, animatronics) based on BASIC Stamp or Arduino platforms.
- PC-based servo control over USB port
- PC-based control of motors by interfacing with an ESC over USB
- PC interface for sensors and other electronics:
- Read a gyro or accelerometer from a PC for novel user interfaces
- Control a string of ShiftBrites from a PC for mood lighting
- General I/O expansion for microcontroller projects
- Programmable, self-contained Halloween or Christmas display controller that responds to sensors. The picture to the right and the video below show a self-contained hexapod robot that uses three micro servos and two digital distance sensors for autonomous walking.
- Self-contained servo tester
An example setup using a Micro Maestro to control a ShiftBar and Satellite LED Module is shown in the picture below and one of the videos above. Maestro source code to control a ShiftBar or ShiftBrite is available in the Example scripts section of the Maestro User?s guide.
- Size: 1.10" x 1.80"
- Weight: 10.0 g
- Channels: 18
- Baud: 300 - 200000 bps1
- Minimum operating voltage: 5 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 16 V
- Supply current: 40 mA2
- Partial kit?: N
- 1.Autodetect works from 300 - 115200 bps.
- 2.With USB disconnected and all LEDs on. Connecting USB draws around 10 mA more.
- Pololu Maestro Servo Controller User’s Guide
- Pololu USB Software Development Kit
- Sample Project: Simple Hexapod Walker
- Application Note: Using AutoHotkey with Pololu USB Products
- Pololu Maestro guia de usuario
- Maestro Support for RoboRealm
- Obstacle Avoider
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Maestro Servo Controller Windows Drivers and Software (release 121203)
- Maestro Servo Controller Linux Software (release 100507)
- Weitere Artikel von Pololu