Article successfully added.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Manufacturer: Pololu
- Order number: EXP-R25-007
- Manufacturer part number: 2135
- Availability: 34
- country of origin: US
- HS code: 85423190
- Weight (kg): 0.002
P Secure bonuspoints now
Texas Instruments’ DRV8835 is a tiny dual H-bridge motor driver IC that can be used for... more
Texas Instruments’ DRV8835 is a tiny dual H-bridge motor driver IC that can be used for bidirectional control of two brushed DC motors at 2 to 11 V. It can supply up to about 1.2 A per channel continuously and can tolerate peak currents up to 1.5 A per channel for a few seconds, making it an ideal driver for small motors that run on relatively low voltages. The DRV8835 is a great IC, but its small, leadless package makes it difficult for the typical student or hobbyist to use; our breakout board gives this driver the form factor of a 14-pin DIP package, which makes it easy to use with standard solderless breadboards and 0.1" perfboards. Since this board is a carrier for the DRV8835, we recommend careful reading of the DRV8835 datasheet (208k pdf). The board ships populated with SMD components, including the DRV8835, and adds a FET for reverse battery protection.
This board is very similar to our DRV8833 dual motor driver carrier in operating voltage range and continuous current rating, but the DRV8835 has a lower minimum operating voltage, offers an extra control interface mode, and is 0.1" smaller in each dimension. The DRV8833 has a higher peak current rating (2 A per channel vs 1.5 A), optional built-in current-limiting, and no need for externally supplied logic voltage.
For a higher-voltage alternative to this driver, please consider our DRV8801 motor driver carrier.
- Dual-H-bridge motor driver: can drive two DC motors or one stepper motor
- Motor supply voltage: 2–11 V
- Logic supply voltage: 2–7 V
- Output current: 1.2 A continuous (1.5 A peak) per motor
- Motor outputs can be paralleled to deliver 2.4 A continuous (3 A peak) to a single motor
- Two possible interface modes: IN/IN (outputs mostly mirror inputs) or PHASE/ENABLE (one pin for direction and another for speed)
- Inputs are 3V- and 5V-compatible
- Under-voltage lockout and protection against over-current and over-temperature
- Reverse-voltage protection on the motor supply
- Compact size (0.7″×0.4″) with the form factor of a 14-pin DIP package
- Size: 0.4" × 0.7"
- Weight: 0.5 g
- Motor driver: DRV8835
- Motor channels: 2
- Minimum operating voltage: 0 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 11 V
- Continuous output current per channel: 1.2 A
- Peak output current per channel: 1.5 A
- Continuous paralleled output current: 2.4 A
- Maximum PWM frequency: 250 kHz
- Minimum logic voltage: 2 V
- Maximum logic voltage: 7 V
- Reverse voltage protection?: Y